1 Big Idea to Think About
- One of the biggest obstacles to achieving our most important goals is a lack of clarity.
2 Ways You Can Apply This
- Brainstorm and write down the most important goals you want to accomplish over the next five years.
- Choose one goal and write one sentence that describes what accomplishing this goal looks like.
3 Questions to Ask
- Where do I want to be in five years?
- What does accomplishing this goal look like?
- What is the next step I need to take to accomplish this goal?
Key Moments from the Show
- Where do you want to be five years from now? (1:53)
- A formative moment in Matthew McConaughey’s life (4:50)
- Finding your values in their violation (14:32)
- What’s essential in Matthew’s life right now (23:30)
- Exploring who you were meant to be (26:20)
- What success looks like for Matthew (32:58)
- A “Greenlights” movement (37:20)
- Thinking deeply about our goals and how to execute them (45:05)
- Building connections and meeting in the middle (49:02)
- Accomplishments can be the beginning of our next adventure (53:18)
Links You’ll Love From the Episode
Greenlights by Matthew McConaughey