1 Big Idea to Think About
- The best form of motivation is making progress in meaningful work.
2 Ways You Can Apply This
- Check in with someone you lead or influence and ask them what’s making it hard for them to make meaningful progress today.
- Schedule a daily meeting with yourself and answer this question: “What would I need to accomplish today to feel I had made meaningful progress?”
3 Questions to Ask
- Do I check up, check out, or check in with those I lead?
- What do I need to accomplish today to feel I have made meaningful progress?
- What’s making it hard for me to make meaningful progress today?
Key Moments From the Show
- The DNA of human motivation (3:33)
- The power of small wins (6:54)
- How to motivate others by “checking in” (10:45)
- How to motivate yourself by scheduling a meeting with yourself (11:16)